I've been trying to research sleeping bags for the last couple weeks and I got my coupon which is about to expire ..so I want to make my decision before I lose that chance.

I had a list of 7 bags I was looking into, but now I think I've successfully narrowed it down to 2. I've been so overwhelmed, and now I'm down to the wire before I lose that coupon!

So, I get cold easily, and wanted the warmest bag at the lightest weight possible.  I plan to start doing backpacking overnights this summer/fall, in the PNW.  I have never liked down/feather anything before because i have always gotten feathers poking out at me, so I'm leaning toward the Forte20 simply based on that.  In my reading I've also read that the down fill doesn't do "wet" as well. The cold sleeper comfort rating is only about 3° different, and the weight is only about 1/2lb different. It seems the real big difference is the compressed size. 9.8 vs 11.7 liters. I have really no idea what that looks like though.  And I don't really know what the materials would feel like either.

I was gifted the funds to buy whichever bag I wanted, so price isn't the real factor - still don't want to waste a coupon.. I was going to try to make time to get into Issaquah tomorrow and HOPE they have both I can see in person, but I feel that's very unlikely, and my time right now is so tight. I need help. My brain has melted on this. Am I really going to miss out if I just go synthetic?

0 Likes