@JeffF 

Thanks for reaching out!

I also own this tent, but, similarly to @Mulestomper, I have been confined to my back yard as well. I have only used it one night and, while there was some condensation, I did not feel it was a noteworthy amount. It was late fall in the Pacific Northwest so there was fairly low humidity at the time. I also wanted to call your attention this post, Meet the Moose who tests your gear!. The tent in that video is the REI Co-op Flash Air 2. Perhaps @turnerboy could provide some feedback about how well it holds up to weather in addition to moose attacks!

Lastly, you may want to take a look at the REI Co-op Quarter Dome SL 1 tent as well. We just got them back in stock recently. I have never camped in the Escalante, UT area so I'm not sure how easy it is to place stakes in the ground. The REI Co-op Flash Air 1 tent is not a freestanding tent so it requires staking out. The Quarter Dome SL 1 is a free standing tent so it would be a bit easier if it is hard to find ground suitable for tent stakes in your area.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes