Hi Teresa! @AdventureGal 

My name is Sharon and I'm a 34-year-old currently living in Southwest Montana. I also do a lot of solo adventuring (hiking, backpacking, biking, xc skiing, etc), and in recent years (particularly last year, because of covid) I've started to really see the value and benefit of adventuring with other people more often and going it solo. While there are some good things to gain from solo adventure, I'm starting to think the shared experience is far more richer, in certain ways. And indeed more safe.

During the warmer months, I live and travel and work (also fulltime, remotely) out of the van that I built out last spring. My job is really flexible and allows me the ability to take time off when needed/wanted. 

So far, the adventures I'm thinking about for this summer include the Beaten Path (over the Beartooth Plateau in MT), possibly a three- or four-day kayaking trip on the Smith River (I just entered the lottery for the permit!), and some smaller hiking/biking/kayaking trips around Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. I'm not at all opposed to adventuring further away (I'd really like to go back to the Moab area), but there's just so much to explore in my own back yard that sometimes it's hard to drag myself away!

To be completely upfront, I've got MS, so I'm somewhat limited in how "hardcore" I can be when it comes to extremes, but it certainly doesn't stop me from putting in 10- to 15-mile days hiking or 35-mile days biking. I've just got to take a few more breaks and pay more attention to my body. 

I was really excited to see your post because I would love to find more folks, particularly females, to adventure with! I often find myself making friends with people I meet on the trail or at a camp, and meeting up for a trip some months (or even years!) later, but this is also a great way to meet adventure buddies that I didn't even think of! (And probably makes more sense during Covid!)

If I sound like someone you might be interested in talking with about exploring together, let's chat more and maybe do a Zoom call so that we can see if we might jive for an adventure or two!

All the best,

Sharon