I've got my handy dandy BRS 3000 with a canister. My pot is the GSI Halulite 1.1 aluminum pot.

My favorite piece, though, is homemade. My wife and I ordered some fresh groceries and the meat came in a large insulated bubble wrap-type bag with a reflective coating on the outside. So I cut that into a smaller size pouch, reversed it so that the reflective material is now on the inside, and I use it to let my food sit for a few minutes after I add the boiling water. It retains heat beautifully and weighs under 1 oz.

What do I cook? Besides coffee, obviously LOL. I love Ramen but the sodium levels in the packaged stuff is just too high for me so I made my own instant broth and I dehydrate veggies. I do use the instant noodles, though. Still trying to work out how to best dehydrate fresh cooked ramen noodles.

Quinoa (instant) with packaged salmon is a favorite. I have a potlatch seasoning blend that's amazing.

One of the health issues I've overcome but still need to ay attention to is high blood pressure, so in addition to watching calories, I have to pay really close attention to sodium levels. That means I stay away from Mountain House and most of those pre-made backpacker meals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.