You'll do. 😉

The conversation may be esoteric, but it's relevant.

I tend to follow in the direction of Dr. Leach's teachings ("Survival Psychology"), however my interests lay more specifically in wilderness survival psychology (and related areas/topics). I find it an enjoyable distraction. Hence, my post on "The Extractor", though my background is in law. 

Yes! I find the vicissitudes (I don't get to use that word enough!) of psychology and the human mind MOST interesting! (ie the butcher who caught his arm in a meat hook, and was in excruciating pain... until he learned the hook was only caught in his shirt sleeve), or more to the point, the story of Joe Simpson (an alpine mountaineer who summited Siula Grande, Peru, then broke his leg, then fell into a crevasse, yet still managed to find the wherewithal to CRAWL his way out and down the mountain before his mates left base camp!) I could discuss and debate the genre ad absurdum, but I digress. 

The only obvious flaw, at this point, in "The Bite Thing" literature/advertising is the characterization of venom as "poison." Otherwise, I personally wouldn't include it as part of MY kit. For the average person, I think of it as one more luxury item to take up space, best left to backyard barbecues. However, for those with allergies, it MAY have some convenience (perhaps even benefit), but at the risk of anaphylaxis.

Currently, if a victim has an allergic reaction, they hopefully have a kit: 1. An antihistamine medication would be a used. If a severe reaction continues, 2. An oral steroid medication (tablet or liquid) would be used. If there's still a severe reaction, 3. An adrenaline (epinephrine) injection. To say nothing of the pain and discomfort. 

As with The Extractor, my opinion is even if it doesn't work AND does not case more problems, at a minimum, it may waste valuable time!