I'm interested in learning about what tents (or other kind of sleep system) the folks in this community use for their backcountry trips, and why?  Do you like your tent because it is free standing and easy to put up in inclement weather?  Do you like it because of the vestibule room or inside dimensions? Or do you simply trust the brand and know it will hold up over many years?

For me, my current tent is the Tarptent Moment DW.  I would consider Tarptent a cottage company that Henry Shires started many years ago when he was in search of a lightweight backpacking tent that was also highly functional....he couldn't find any, so he decided to make one! I enjoy using this tent because the rainfly is attached to the inner walls but you can still remove the fly if you desire, it has an all mesh interior (accept the bathtub floor), it can be free standing that doesn't require stakes or guylines (this is possibly my favorite feature but it does require the addition of a crosspole), it has two adjustable vestibules to create additional room inside the tent or to increase the vestibule's square footage, it is considered a lightweight tent at 36 oz, and it won't COMPLETELY break your bank account compared to an UL tent from Big Agnes or Zpacks.

https://www.tarptent.com/product/moment-dw/

Your turn...ready, go!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.