For my family or Boy Scout Backpacking Trips Our go to menu for backpacking includes:
1. Dried Ravioli with sun dried tomates some tomato paste in a squeese tube, parma
2. Tuna and Salmon in Pouches with noodle, ramen couscous or rice mix
3. Beef jerky with eggs (either in a container) or powdered.
4. Sandwiches, Salami and hard cheese, PBJ or tuna.
5. For desset in an area with cold water we have had luck with instant pudding.
6. We use Pitas alot or some kind of flat bread, because we line the dish which makes clean up a breeze.