(good timing) I have a few pictures of my camp (more to show a friend who had questions), but I haven't really familiarized myself with the word processing or picture inserting features of this forum.

In case you're familiar, I was at Bear Canyon Camp. I got there via Millard Canyon, skirting the crest of Brown Mountain down the Ken Burton Trail to Oakwilde, then up past Switzer and up Bear Canyon. Going back, I went back down Bear Canyon (I was told by a friend I met there that the trail to Tom Sloan Saddle had significant treefall), past Switzer, past Oakwilde, down Dark Canyon to Gould Mesa.

If you can follow that on a topo, you can see the terrain and all the water crossings! Of course nothing compares with the experience!! But, I'll try to get the photos out of my phone and post here later. As Andrew Skurka once said, "There's the kind of fun that's fun to do and fun to talk about, then there's the kind of fun that's NOT fun to do but fun to talk about, then there's the kind of fun that's NOT fun to do and NOT fun to talk about!" (My fun was a mix of the later two).

0 Likes