@Tombo 

Tom,

Thanks for letting us know. We're sorry about the miscommunication. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability do store-to-store transfers of inventory, so if the bike is available it would need to be in a store that is close enough you are able to travel there. Your best bet is to connect with your local REI store to make that determination.

Lastly, thanks for including your height in your post. Have you been sized for a medium frame? We ask because the size range for the XS in that model is listed as 5'-5'3" and the XS is available to order on REI.com. Our size chart lists the standover height of the XS at just shy of 27", which correlates most closely to your total inseam length (inseam with shoes on). Personally, I have a total inseam length around 31" and I ride a medium Co-op Cycles DRT 2.1 (same frame and tire size as the ADV 4.2). That gives me enough standover height to come out of the saddle comfortably without worrying about hitting the top tube. There are lots of factors that go into a bike fit, however, for me it was important to have that clearance (I'm not a good enough rider to be confident that I will be able to stay in the saddle consistently on technical terrain).

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes