I recently bought a Sleeping Quilt and it was supposed to be delivered on the 21st.  Now its the 29th and USPS hasn't a clue as to where it is even though the product has a tracking number and was sent from the vendor via priority mail.  Recommend any purchases being shipped used alternate means as this reflects poorly on USPS. 

0 Likes

@Gary2 

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback. We are sorry you are having this issue with your order. Just as a clarification: this item was shipped to you from the vendor, not REI? 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thats correct.  From the vendor.  Just warning people not to use USPS right now as they are a mess.

0 Likes

@Gary2 

Understood, thank you for the feedback and the clarification!

Hi @Gary2 .  I definitely share your frustrations with lost and/or delayed packages.  I have, however, always had very good luck with USPS.  Never had anything that was shipped USS get lost, and the tracking has almost always been accurate. And, my local carrier at least, has always been careful to put packages that won't fit in the mailbox on my back porch, where it unlikely to be seen and pilfered by porch-pirates.

Fed Ex, on the other hand, has proven to be a consistent thorn in my side.  Delays. Inaccurate delivery schedules.  Careless package handling.  

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@Rob6 They called after I place a complaint.  Said they found it in NC on a truck that wasn't checked in after 6 days.  They did just deliver it, so although it messed up a trip, I did get the product. 🙂

0 Likes

@Gary2 - Though still unfortunate that it didn't arrive in time for the trip, really glad to hear your package arrived!

0 Likes

Good news!  Glad they found it and got it to you.  And even though it was too late for this trip, now you have a good reason to plan your next adventure!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

I like it...Stay positive and I am....Going out next weekend...;)