What happened? I test rode the 1.1, 1.2, and 2.1 as well as a few competitors a year or two ago and the 2.1 was by far my favorite. I’m now in a better place financially and oppurtunity wise to be able to start biking, only to find they aren’t available?!

i can’t afford or justify the higher end DRT bikes...

if your just in the middle of a re vamp let people know, otherwise I’ll go to another bike shop and buy a competitors bike. I have to stick to a budget, and it looks like you killed your budget friendly options...

0 Likes

@Abran Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry you're disappointed with our current assortment of bikes. Unfortunately, due to unprecedented sales of bikes this year, we have very few models currently available. This is a trend that is bearing out across the bike industry. There is an article on Marketplace from a few weeks ago that has good information about the challenges facing the bike industry in the US and beyond.

The good news is that we have not 'killed' any of our bike styles, we have simply sold out and we are working hard to get back in stock as soon as we can. However, due to manufacturing delays and challenges with shipping, we will not be replenished on the Co-op Cycles DRT 2.1 bike until the beginning of next year.

We hope you find a bike that meets your needs, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

It is 8/30/21, I’m about to buy a Giant Fathom, but I’d rather buy REI’s Co-op Cycles DRT 2.1.  
When do you think they will be back in stock? I need a bike and not sure how much longer I can wait.
Thanks, Steve

0 Likes

Hi @Crochunter - Thanks for reaching out. We are expecting additional inventory of the DRT 2.1 in mid-December, though this date could shift due to variables in the shipping and processing timelines. If you plan to wait for this bike, we suggest checking the website periodically leading up to this time to best keep track of availability.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes