A campground host's free-roaming dog peed on my tent.  😞  I rinsed it off right away, but how do I clean my tent to make sure that this never happens again? The odor eliminating washes I'm seeing seem focused on mold-type smells. 

@kerstingrant I'm so sorry that happened to your tent! No matter how prepared we are for our outdoor adventures there are always variables you just can't predict! The good news is that we have a couple products that should get you squared away and back camping in no time.

Gear Aid ReviveX Odor Eliminator is where I would start. You'll want to follow the directions and create a solution to soak the affected part of the tent. 

If that doesn't do the trick then I would look at Rockin' Green Platinum Series Detergent. Basically the same process to follow there.

Depending on if the affected area is the tent body or the fly (or both) you will want to check on the durable water repellent (DWR) and seams to make sure they are still good to go. If you need to reapply a coating we have many options available that work great.

Thanks for reaching out, I hope this helps!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes