Thanks for your patience as we connected with our sustainability team and thank you for thinking critically about the full life cycle of your sleeping pad. Here is the information we got from the sustainability team:
- We don't currently take back sleeping pads for recycling. That said, in the past we have taken used sleeping pads and turned them into new products like this one. This was a one-time initiative, however. You may want to check with the company that made that bag, Green Guru, and see if they have any recycling options available.
- If you're interested in giving patching the sleeping pad another try, here is an REI Expert Advice article about how to do so.
- You might also have luck selling the pad on a platform like eBay or OfferUp, but be sure to be accurate and transparent in the posting to indicate the pad has a leak.
- If none of the above options work, you could donate the sleeping pad to Goodwill.
- The last resort would be to put the product in the trash.
Hopefully this helps, thanks!
07-27-2020 03:09 PM