Hi @Zelda .  I'm not an employee of REI, but I am a member of the Co-op, and have been for several years.  I mean no disrespect, but am genuinely curious as to what you find disappointing about this particular scene? Throughout every paper sale flyer, every article in the online Co-op Journal,  every issue of Uncommon Path, every landing page of the website, REI has represented nearly every category of people that I can think of.  People of every gender, race, ethnicity, age, fitness level, etc. They are probably one of the most realistic and even-handed companies that I have ever come across in their inclusiveness.  But they can't put every walk of life into every single image. 

I certainly don't feel disappointed when they depict 20-somethings and not 50-somethings like myself.  I have no disappointment when a group of women are depicted in an outdoor activity, and not men.  The world is full of a variety of combinations of people; men, women, LGBTQ, black, brown, white, tall, short, thin, overweight...and IMHO, REI represents us all as equally as is possible.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.