I am considering purchasing a Hybrid Bicycle but would like to ride it first.  Is there a way to do that at this time?

0 Likes

Hello @Kenfox!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Unfortunately, while the majority of our stores remain closed, test riding a bike prior to purchase is not an available option. 

We would love to be as helpful as possible digitally during this time. Please let us know here in the Community if we can answer any additional questions you might have.

Also know that during this time we are offering virtual outfitting and our customers are finding this remarkably helpful! You can read some testimonials  here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

hello! I had the same question as well so thanks for the response.

Follow up question: the virtual outfitting did not seem to be working and kept throwing an error when I selected different available times from the drop down menu. Is there another way to schedule a virtual outfitting? Thanks!

0 Likes

@Djramli Thanks for reaching out!

We believe the reason you were having an issue scheduling an appointment is because all available slots for virtual outfitting are full for today and tomorrow. If you run into any issues scheduling a time for after that, please let us know.

Thanks!

0 Likes

The only other date that shows up as available is May 27th, which unfortunately is after the anniversary sale. I'm assuming this means all available slots are completely booked? Is there any other option to possibly receive advice for online bike purchase? thanks!

0 Likes

@Djramli Thanks for letting us know!

We'll connect with you over Direct Message to see if we can get this figured out. Thanks!

Hi, any idea when stores will be reopening? I'm interested in the Co-op touring ADV1.1 bike, but simply can't spend $1600 on a bicycle without physically test riding it. I know it might be impossible to say, but ballpark guess?

0 Likes

@Dale23 our stores are open! You’ll notice that this thread was started back in May 2020 - our stores have been open for months now. If you are looking for a specific bike in a specific store, we recommend calling that store ahead of your visit to verify if the bike is in stock. Hope this helps!

0 Likes