I recall that REI had a trade in program for kids Co-Op bikes? We have a 12 inch Co-Op bike that we want to upgrade to a 15 or 20 inch bike. I know the stores are closed now, but if we buy a new bike online for pickup (we live in Seattle), can we trade in our smaller bike when this tragic coronavirus situation is over? Thanks for all you do!

0 Likes

Hi @vkk!

I am so glad your kiddo is progressing to a larger bike!  In Seattle, we do not currently have a trade in program, but I Iove your idea!  There are many good options out there for re-selling bikes online.  Another idea to consider is donating it, there is a great nonprofit in Seattle called Bike Works that makes a lot of local kids very happy.  

Good luck and have fun pedaling this spring and summer!

Kara

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Do you know if the Kennewick store has bike trade ins? We bought our original bike from there, and now need to upgrade.  

0 Likes

@Hkrokosz Hi!

Unfortunately there is no bike trade in program available at this time.  We love that our community is looking for ways to extend the life of their products and used gear programs are always being evaluated.

You can check out how to get involved in a future buy-back program here. 

Thanks for reaching out!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes