Hi,

Can you please recommend the best upright hybrid or comfort women's bike? 

I have a history of low back pain but want a nice ride for around town and riding bikes with our family.

Thank you!

Catharine Meyers

@CatharineMeyers 

I am so happy I get to comment on this question!  I was doing this very research for myself not too long ago. I was fortunate enough to have many bikes available to me at the store to test, at the time, and landed on the Electra Loft 7D !

I love my bike and have fit so many women for it as a result. It is so comfortable but not too slow by any means. I keep up with my friends and family all while not stressing out my body! 

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

11777008-64A0-493F-9B33-BC271F2FB757.jpeg

@REI-AlyS,

@CatharineMeyers responded via email:

"Hi, Can you please recommend one or two more options to see? Perhaps that are a bit closer to a mountain bike, but still upright?"

0 Likes

@CatharineMeyers 

Happy to provide a few more suggestions!  Hybrid bikes are a great way to get the best out of both worlds. Something you might consider as well is a stem raiser. This can help you elevate the handlebars changing the geometry up a bit and hopefully putting less pressure on your back. The higher you can get the handlebar the less aggressive riding position you’ll be in. 
Here are a few hybrid considerations:

Cannondale Althea 1 

Cannondale Quick CX 3 

CO-OP Cycles CTY 1.1 

Here is a link to a stem raiser as I mentioned too:

Delta Alloy Stem Raiser 

If you decide to go with a raiser it may involve a few other bike alterations but could ultimately get you on a bike you really like!

@CatharineMeyers 

Thank you so much for your email. I am excited you found a bike that hopefully you’ll love! Have fun and stay safe!

Feel free to keep the community here updated as you log some miles!

0 Likes