I bought one ~10 years ago, after having owned another Novara for 20 years prior to that.

Not seeing them on the website -- is REI still manufacturing/offering them?

0 Likes

@paulmcafee great question! Our bikes are now known as Co-op Cycles!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

What does that even mean?  

How does it answer the question?

Obviously a long time customer is asking. And, as someone who shopped for their first sleeping bag, a down Mt. Mckinley, on the fifth floor of a tiny co-op warehouse in Seattle 45 years ago, I would appreciate a better answer. 

0 Likes

@ExpeditionSitka I apologize that I wasn't more specific in my first answer. In 2016, we announced that we would no longer be making or manufacturing Novara bikes. Our new brand of bikes is called Co-op Cycles - here is an article from our Newsroom about the launch of this new brand from Sept. 2016. In our responses in the community, we are trying to provide just enough information to answer the question asked so we don't overwhelm any given topic - I appreciate your interest in knowing more and hope this extra information is helpful!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Gald to hear they are still in production even if with a new name. I bought my first Novara bike at the Anchorage REI over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. I ride it weekly and it never fails me!