I am planning on a 2 day snow shoeing adventure in Banff Alberta. I have experience with  cross country skiing but not with snow shoes. Does the REI stores in North Bethesda rent them. Has anyone ever hiked the trails in Banff National Park? TIA

0 Likes

@Cal1979 Thanks for reaching out!

I apologize that it has taken a few days to get back to you! Unfortunately, we don't have any stores in the DC area that rent snowshoes. If you have any questions about snowshoeing we can certainly try to answer them here. I will reach out to the Kalispell, MT team to see if they have any staff who have experience snowshoeing in the Banff area. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything. Thank you for your patience!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Cal1979 

I spoke with the team at the Kalispell, MT location and several of our staff recommend the Boom Lake Trail. There are also several hikes in Banff National Park on the Hiking Project website and app. Based on a short google search it appears as though there are several outfitters who rent snowshoes in Banff, I am sure they will be able to give you some guidance and instruction. Snowshoeing is such a great way to spend time in the outdoors in winter!

Please let us know if there are any other questions you have, I hope this helps!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes