I am converting my bike to a 1x drivetrain, if I buy all drive train components from rei can I use the 20% coupon for the group of parts?

does the length of the crank matter?  165, 170, 175 mm

HOw do i know if I need dub or boost with the sram eagle components?

thank you

0 Likes

Hey @rrinaldi 

Thanks for asking for some help with your 1x conversion! To answer your question about the 20% coupon first; the coupon is good on one full-priced item. So if you selected this complete NX groupset, you would be fine. If you choose to piece the group together with individual purchases, you would need to pick the singular item you wanted to use your coupon on. 

As far as choosing the right specs like boost, DUB...etc, you will need to know a few things about your bike.

• If your current bike uses boost 148mm rear hub spacing, then you will want to select the boost option for your components.
  • DUB is Sram's newer crankset axle standard for which they make bottom brackets that are compatible with almost all frame standards. If you buy a DUB crankset, it is as simple as working with your REI bike shop to source the correct bottom bracket. 
  • Crank length is a combination of personal choice and bike fit. For most cyclists riding frames size medium and up; 175mm is standard. On smaller frames or women's specific frames; 170mm is standard.  

Hope this is helpful! Feel free to reach out with any other questions or head into your local REI shop. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes