I have a question regarding the beginner mountain biking classes at Dupont National Forest that I wasn't sure who to address. It says minimum age is 14. My son is only 11 and rides a Scott Aspect 29er. He has been riding Southside park and Holston Creek in SC for the past few years. He actually started his own Facebook Group called "Palmetto Mountain Biking Kids" aimed at getting more kids on the trails without being intimidated with trying to keep up with the adults. His first ride had 16 participants. I've been riding myself for several years. I feel there is plenty of skills we could both learn by attending a class. If he is already skilled, could he be allowed in the class being only 11?

Mike

0 Likes

@mclark098 

Hi Mike - Thanks for reaching out. It's amazing to hear that your son loves mountain biking so much. It sounds like he is already building up quite a biking resume!

Your local REI Field Team will be in the best place to answer this question. The Southeast region's team can be contacted at 877-819-3813 or at atlanta-os@rei.com.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you so much for your response. I'll definitely give them a shout!!