I am looking for a derailleur hanger for a DRT 2.1. I have not been able to find one at any shop and wheels mfg does not appear to have it their database. What hanger do I need for this bike?

0 Likes

@Cschnur 

Thanks for reaching out!

We had a thread about this very topic a few months ago. Take a look at DRT 2.2 Derailleur Hanger Replacement? and the conversation that follows, it should have all the info you need.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ is this for the 2020 bike? I looks different from the one on the bike. 

0 Likes

@Cschnur 

Let me check in with our Co-op Cycles team to confirm. I'll be back as soon as I hear!

0 Likes

Do you have an update to the question?

0 Likes

Hi @Cschnur - Thanks for your patience as we looked into this information.

For 2020 and later DRT 2.1s, you will want to use a Wheels Manufacturing Derailleur Hanger 430. They are not currently available for sale on our website, but your local REI might have them in stock and Wheels Manufacturing also currently has inventory. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

0 Likes

I am a member and this bike I am working on is under warranty. The derailleur hanger was very hard to find but after going to a second REI location I found one that is supposed to fit the Co-Op DRT 2.1 and 1.2 but this derailleur hanger was machined a few millimeters off as it doesn’t line up which can make all the screws strip if you force it. Is there an updated DRT 2.1 derailleur hanger coming? I may advise him to bring it back under warranty because this is stemming from a poor setup with an overtightened B screw. Any help in this matter is appreciated .3999FED9-D48A-441C-BE1F-FCF9B932064B.jpeg

2F7A55B6-78A8-49FB-B302-9C6759777456.jpeg

EE2471CC-9BB7-4C66-8458-DB7E45C288BE.jpeg

@MadMikeMountainBikes 

Thanks for reaching out with this question!

Your best bet is to take it to your local REI Bike shop and have them take a look at it. They will be in the best position to diagnose the issue and, if possible, find a solution. There is a lot to be said for seeing the bike in front of you that isn't possible in our digital community (although we really appreciate the photos!). We will also pass your feedback about the derailleur hanger along to our Co-op Cycles team.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

0 Likes

Pretty disappointed that REI does not have these in stock anywhere. Also, every other bike I have purchased comes with an extra hanger.  The shop should know exactly what hanger is needed for EVERY bike they sell. And should have those available. I like REI for most things, but stick to your LBS for bike service and parts. My experience with multiple locations is that the bike techs are subpar compared to a real bike shop. 

0 Likes