I have been checking the REI site for this bike's availability for quite a while now. Do you know when the XL size will be available again?

0 Likes

@Gremble 

Unfortunately, at this time, it does not look like we are planning on having the Co-op Cycles CTY 2.2 bike available through the rest of this year. We do currently have the Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 currently in stock in an XL if you are interested in looking at a similar hybrid bike with a front shock.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

John, unfortunate news. Do you know what the holdup is? I have seen several of these availability questions for other bikes that had much more pleasant answers of July or September. Are the components that much more difficult to find? Or are you designing CTY 2.3? 2.2 does look significantly better than 2.1, though I have been looking at the CTY 2.1. 

0 Likes

Hi @Gremble - Thank you for your follow-up. While people have turned to the outdoors for solace and safety throughout the pandemic, REI has seen a higher than usual increase in customer demand for gear, especially in categories such as cycling and paddling. 

This high demand, partnered with global delays in manufacturing and shipping, has caused supply chains to back up in 2021. The Co-op Brands team is working to increase product orders wherever we can. However, even with a steady stream of inventory arriving to our distribution centers throughout the year, we still do not expect to see availability for some products, including the CTY 2.2.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes