• Hello. My name is Owen and I am currently a senior in high school and plan to thru hike the Appalachian trail (NOBO) while taking a gap year before college. I plan to start in early March to make it back to school on time!! I am an experienced backpacker and generally outdoorsy person. I am an avid mountain biker, hiker, rock climber, photographer, and more. Additionally, I am wilderness first aid certified, a lifeguard, have my Red Cross general first aid, cpr, and AED cert, and am certified in search and rescue. Working on becoming a wilderness first responder as well. I may not be the oldest hiker on the trail but I am competent and confident in the out of doors and determined to walk from Georgia to Maine. I’ll kiss that sign if it kills me 😉
  • I am looking for hiking partners/tramily so please feel free to shoot me a dm on Instagram @all.knowen if u plan on hiking around the same time and don’t mind hiking with a fun, cheery, kind, and experienced kid. If it helps, I do plan on bringing my mandolin, so I can provide musical relief if nothing else. Haha!
  • cheers, see ya on the trail.