cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What’s your favorite neighborhood workout? | 'Sweatin’ with the Co-op' Fitness Series

We're excited to announce the 'Sweatin with the Co-op' Virtual Fitness Series, where you'll find fitness classes, expertise, and connection to get your year off to a great start. 

Throughout the event, Conversations is the place to share your favorite ways to stay active in your own neighborhood and learn from others who are on similar paths. Do you work out alone or with a partner? Is there any gear that keeps you moving throughout the winter season? Any songs that help you get out the front door?! Start here, wherever you are. 

featured_dec21_fitness_w0.png

What's your favorite neighborhood workout?

To join us for four enlivening weeks of fitness activities, register now. Stay tuned for more conversations here in the weeks ahead too!

Week 1 (Jan 9 - Jan 15): What's your favorite stretch?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
11 Replies

We are living in Milford, MI in a 4th floor apartment near downtown. We only take the stairs and walk to the YMCA for workouts, the library, restaurants, and anything else we can do without getting in our car. We also love wandering through the neighborhoods exploring our new hometown. 

We also live near a Metro Park and several State Recreation areas and hike often.

0 Likes

Running is aways easiest for me, hardly any prep time, no needing to wait for a class to start or anyone to join. You can run as far and fast as you want. Nobody cares - just toss on your runners and you're ready to go. Recently I have gotten into biking as well - in SF there is a huge cycling community and its one of the few places in the city that I find camaraderie. On hard pushes complete stranger cheer one another along. 

0 Likes