cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

What Natural Deodorant do you recomend?

what is a natural deoderant you recomend when active outdoors? 

35 Replies
Highlighted

I've tried about 2 different kinds with no luck. My most recent purchase was the Schmidt's and I LOVE it! 

I got the "Waves" scent and it smells like the beach! I can't wait to try all their other scents out. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

There is a new one by Arm & Hammer "Essentials" that is aluminum free and contains Eucalyptus oil and smells great.  There is an unscented one as well.   

Highlighted

+1 for Schmidt’s Charcoal+Magnesium Deoderant. 

Tom’s didn’t work for me. Before finding Schmidt’s, I used Arm and Hammer, but I would start to slightly stink at the end of a day of outdoor activities. With Schmidt’s, I smell great no matter how much I sweat or how active I am. 

Highlighted

I have discovered that Tom's Deodorants are inconsistant; some work better than others. Maine Wood Spice is OK.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I use Meow Meow Tweet (hilarious name, I know).  The issue I have is that I get a reaction to baking soda and/or charcoal.  This one is pretty good and the grapefruit smells nice.

Highlighted

I got a reaction/irritation from the baking soda in Schmidt's Naturals. Thankfully, they make a sensitive skin formula...and I love the woodsy scents!

Highlighted

Great I didn't know about the sensitive formula. I will look for it as I too get some irritation from backing soda.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Additional support for meow meow tweet! One of my friends reccomended it and I had to try it because of the name, now it's my go-to.

Highlighted

I had to switch away from a baking soda based deoderant for this reason. I switched to Schmidt's Natural Deoderant - sensitive formula.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Glacial-fed stream seems to do the trick for me - cold, invigorating, manly.