cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Tracking watches

After going through Fitbit and Garmin watches to track my workouts, biking, and hiking treks I have become disllusioned with their durability.  Individually they have some good features but whether it be battery life, durability, or connectivity and ease of use with apps, they both seem to fall short.  Looking for solutions.

12 Replies

@Bonfire Have not have much success with Garmin but let me know how it works for you. I use the Fitbit Surge myself and it does most of what I need right now.  Will use other devices for remote contact as noted.

0 Likes

I don't think I'll switch at this point. I'm liking the Fitbit Surge too and OnX on my phone works wonders for me as well. 

- I'm the best at being me when I'm outside
Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@Bonfire Thanks for the tip on OnX.  Had never heard of the app but gave it a quick look and it might be a solution for back country tracking.  Now I just have to solve how to stay in contact in remote areas.  Mostly because I travel alone so I need to have someone know where I am in case of an emergency.  I think my satellite phone idea may be the answer on that one.