cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for sneakers with the best arch support

Hi! I'm on the hunt for some sneakers that have great arch support. I have bad arches from years of wearing crappy shoes as a teenager & it caused a lot of pain for me until I discovered Chacos a few years ago. Now I pretty much wear exclusively Chacos - sandals in summer & boots in winter. However, they are lacking in the sneaker department so I've been looking for something for the times in between sandal & boot weather that has Chaco-level arch support. I'm looking for either athletic sneakers for my daily walks or casual/fashion sneakers to wear out with a cute outfit.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give me! Thanks all!! -Julia

1 Reply

@jhujet you're absolutely right that Chacos do a great job with arch support, but don't really make any options for sneakers! One of the things we often see folks do for arch support in sneakers is add an after-market insole - Superfeet are a great option for adding arch support to a running/walking shoe that fits you well. You'll notice different colors, which correspond to different amounts of arch support and cushioning - often the carbon and orange/pink are great for fitness shoes!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes