cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How can I learn more about 'dry' cross country skiing- gear and lessons?

I'd like to learn how to do this. I used to xx ski. Being able to xx when it's sunny and dry- ie anytime- sounds like fun. Does anyone at REI know about gear and lessons or anyone else doing this sport? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Marlee 

Thanks for reaching out!

While I have never participated in the 'dry' version of the sport, I have known folks who love training for nordic skiing in the off-season using their roller skis. In fact, when I was living in Fairbanks, Alaska there were so many people who were participating in it that I came to know the sound of an approaching roller skier based on the clicking sound their skis made!

While REI doesn't sell the equipment needed for 'dry' cross country skiing, there are some good resources out there. To start, the New England Nordic Ski Association has a great page dedicated to all things roller-skiing. You can also take a look at this Dryland Training Gear Guide by Cross Country Skier magazine. Additionally, we recommend taking a look at the National XC Ski Club directory, you may be able to find a club that hosts clinics or training groups.

Hopefully this helps, enjoy!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes