cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Choosing a hydration pack

I am looking for a small hydration pack that will carry maybe a small lunch and room for a small sweatshirt. I would like some recommendations. I would prefer to limit how much I spend. Hard to see online regarding the space to carry a few items.

Thank  you,
Gale 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi there @Gale!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question!

There are a few considerations when choosing the right hydration pack. Capacity is definitely a good place to start. I know you mentioned packing a sweatshirt and a lunch but you also should consider how much water you will need for your activity. This piece of information can help us guide you better. Also, will you be using the pack for a day hike or for other purposes like cycling or running?

Here is a great article that can guide you in your decision. It has some great suggestions on both gear capacity as well as the pack reservoir capacity. In addition, the article discusses fit! Even with a smaller day pack, proper fit should not be overlooked!

Hope this info gets you headed in the right direction and enjoying your time outside!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I guess you got the right product suggestion from the community moderator.
Anyway, take a look at this product Hydro Flask Journey Series 10 Hydration Pack - 3 Liters. Hope it might help you.

0 Likes

I have had an Osprey Raptor 10 for the last seven years. It can carry 3 liters of water and has room for lunch and a sweater, etc. I wear it often for short hikes and also for trail-running in  winter. It's a great pack. I have had no issues with it at all.

0 Likes