cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Best yoga mat for use in yoga studio

Hello! What is the best yoga mat for occasional, middle aged use? I'll be on a laminate wood floor, I don't have bad knees but I'm also 46. I plan to use for half hour classes a few times per week, then use in the gym rather than using theirs once they reopen. I don't want one as thin as the ones in stores like Target but I can't imagine I need a professional one, either.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @CaseyL!

We appreciate you reaching out to us in the Community!  I think you will enjoy this article which offers some great advice on selecting the perfect yoga mat. 

My personal recommendation would be the Jade level 1 yoga mat or the Jade Harmony mat.  Both are 68" but you will get a little more thickness with the Harmony.

As you begin looking through the selections, let us know if anymore questions arise!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Hey there @CaseyL!

We appreciate you reaching out to us in the Community!  I think you will enjoy this article which offers some great advice on selecting the perfect yoga mat. 

My personal recommendation would be the Jade level 1 yoga mat or the Jade Harmony mat.  Both are 68" but you will get a little more thickness with the Harmony.

As you begin looking through the selections, let us know if anymore questions arise!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes