cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Choosing a pedal kayak: Hobie Mirage Passport 10.5

I am interested in purchasing a pedal kayak I really like the Hobie, my main use will be of the beach in ocean this is my first kayak so let me give you some info to see if this would be the best choice for me

5'1" 64 year old female, the main use will be fishing off the beach in ocean

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi there @thesunlover!

Thanks for being a part of the Community! Getting out on the water in a pedal kayak sounds like a lot of fun! 

There is a great article that specifically offers 
advice on selecting a kayak for fishing. It outlines some of the benefits of pedal kayaks as well as some different features that you may be looking for, that might confirm this is the boat for you!

In addition, I wanted to share a previous conversation where a customer was looking at similar kayaks. You might find the perspective on different models helpful as well as the great advice that was given by @REI-EthanS on the topic!

Hope this helps provide you with some more insight as you consider this fun purchase!  Please feel free to ask us anything else as questions arise!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes