cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kayak Fishing - Share your stories and questions

Hi all-

I wanted to start a Kayak Fishing thread to swap stories or to see if I can help answer any questions.  I'm the VP of the Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association and have been on the board since it's founding in 2013.  I've been fishing from a kayak for about 10 years.  I generally prefer river fishing in areas like the Mississippi River, Rum River, Ottertail, etc for Small Mouth Bass.  I have a Jackson Cuda 12 that I use for river fishing and a Hobie PA 14 that I use for big flat water like Lake of the Woods and Rainy Lake.  WE have tons of get-togethers and tournaments again this year.  I'm also taking a week long trip to the Cloquet River in June with some old scouting friends.  Anyways, I'd love to hear your stories or answer any questions you have on all things kayak fishing 

Keep Calm and Paddle On
8 Replies

Sorry, but what is Kayak fishing? Can you please provide pictures of the rigs and technics you use, and catch? 😅

0 Likes

IMG_1583 (1).JPGKayak 2.JPGKayak 3.jpg

Keep Calm and Paddle On

Fantasic!

Actually, we have the same style of fishing over here in Norway, but using regular leisure/small boats. Never seen a fishing Kayak over here before, but would love to try one. 

That's wonderful!  I would love to visit and fish in Norway someday!

Keep Calm and Paddle On

You are always welcome over here in Norway 👍.

I spend my summers like this🙂.

https://youtu.be/G95KB2BqP-k

Two guys escaping into the wilderness of northern Norway hiking and packrafting a seldom travelled river. Arctic char fishing, and enjoying the magic scenery...

@Paalbaal Spectacular!  Truly amazing footage!

Keep Calm and Paddle On

Great to see another kayak angler here! I’m in Maine and ave been kayak fishing for about five years now. I love to fish for striper on the coast, troll for trout and salmon on lakes, and of course bass fishing. I fish from an Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 120 and an Old Town Predator PDL. 

79BCD158-96BC-4BFE-94F9-3A30F7F2E088.jpeg

Also happy to answer any questions about kayak fishing, or just fishing in general. 

0 Likes

Hobie Pro Angler 12, use it to go to Lake Chelan Washington.    Kayak camping - think ultralight backpacker on a kayak.  Go up the lake off grid and camp under the stars along the lake.  A lot of fun until the wind picks up.  Figured out how to attach a Torqeedo trolling motor to get me to places no man has ever gone before.  Have two other Hobie and two Eddyline I am going to sell.  Love kayak fishing all around the Puget Sound and 98% catch and release with the occasional fish I rename dinner. 

0 Likes