cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kayak fishing launch ramps, Delta??

I just purchased an Old Town fishing kayak, and interested in best places to launch it, preferable in the Delta.  Where are the best launch ramps in the Delta area, or areas or lakes for good bass fishing??  Thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies

You ned a launch ramp for a kayak?  i have launched off wilderness beaches many times by simply facing the kayak into the water, entering and skootching me and the kayak forward (or some variation thereof)....

These were single sea kayaks, 16 feet or so long it is even easier in a double or triple

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Scooching a fishing kayak off the beach while sitting in it isn't so easy to do if it's one of the ones with the seat sitting above the decking like many of the Old Town fishing kayaks have.  If there is no launch pier, you can always just walk the kayak into the water then hop aboard.  It might take some practice to get in without flipping it, but it is doable.  And it opens up lots of places to launch as you don't need a kayak launch.  Happy fishing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes

Hi @Jmonp99 - Thanks for reaching out. It's great to hear you have a new fishing kayak!

It sounds like you're looking for good spots to go fishing! With this community covering a lot of different areas, can you tell us which delta you're referring to? Potentially the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, the SF Bay Area Delta, or the Mississippi River Delta? Once we know that, hopefully some locals from your area will be able to provide some suggestions. 

Also, you will notice we have moved your post to our Fishing Enthusiasts board, which is the perfect spot to connect with others on this topic. If you're interested, it'd be great if you joined!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes