cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Donating a canoe

Do you know of any outdoor organizations in Boulder/Denver who might want a donated canoe. This is a lake canoe, 17' green Dagger, used, but not overly so. If you had suggestions, let me know, and I can contact them directly. Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Donating a canoe

Hey @petew,

What an excellent gift! Here's a couple of ideas you might pursue:

Big City Mountaineers: I don't know if they take gear donations, but they might be able to direct you to another organization related to their mission that might be able to use the canoe.

Girl Scouts of Colorado Outdoor Adventure Club: Again, not sure if they would accept the canoe itself, but the contact listed at this page might be able to put you in touch with some of the folks who run and operate Colorado's Girl Scout Camps, who could have use for it. 

These were my first two ideas, but hopefully you'll be able to develop some leads! Thanks for your generosity!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Donating a canoe

@petew  I would check with any of the local boy scout troops in your area, or local bsa councils, or maybe even a local boys club. & girls club of course.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category