cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Outdoor family activities in DFW/Texas and beyond

Hello, 

I have a 10-yo daughter and I am interested in bringing together dads and daughters ages 9-12 to explore and do outdoor activities in nature in and around Texas and beyond. My daughter and I like camping, backpacking, and canoeing and we are looking for like-minded friends to join us. I am interested in cultivating a group that is committed to getting outdoors regularly and is willing and able to invest time and resources. Please, let me know if you are interested.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies

My daughter is older now, but we found something like what you're talking about in an existing program called HATS (high adventure Treks).  It's a dad/daughter (and now also  separately dad/son) camping program for 4th-9th grade that we loved.

Web page is highadventuretreks.Org. I'd be pleased to share our experiences  if that'd be helpful. 

0 Likes

Thanks. I am aware of HATS.

0 Likes

I am looking for less formal and less structured experience

0 Likes

@BackpackingBear @OutdoorsDal - I realize this is an old post.  My daughter and I get out for some camping, kayaking and rock climbing every chance we get.  She is 10 ATM.  We have mostly camped up at WWR in Oklahoma, and climbed in Mineral Wells and Fern and Kayaked around Lavon and White Rock Lakes.  We are currently pretty locked down due to Covid, but hope to get shots soon for those most at risk in our family.  After that, we hope to get back out into the world.

If you are still looking for company, DM me.  Maybe we can work out a trip or two.

I have heard a lot about rock climbing in DFW.

Kyle M | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtrM2UkJKMvKv3qyR9WFv7w
Have a Great Day, and make your best adventure yet.
0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category