cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Water bottle doesn’t fit water cage

I bought the 23oz. Co-op water bottle and the Bontrager bat cage. It appears these do not work together. For the co-op 23 oz. bottle which cage should I buy? And if I choose to keep the Bontrager cage what water bottle fits?

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi there @Jenlyn62 thanks for reaching out to us! I'm hoping to troubleshoot this with you.

Bottle cages can have a particularly snug fit, but I would be surprised to hear if with a little pressure the bottle cannot be inserted through the top of the cage opening.  Is this the issue you are having?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I see that the water bottle will fit but it looks as though the bottle will wear down showing indentions in the bottle.

0 Likes

@Jenlyn62  Admittedly that type of wear and tear is likely to happen over time.  Unfortunately, it is a thin line between a snug enough fit to keep the bottle secure (in various riding conditions) and potentially too much pressure being applied as you describe.

If you would like to compare a different style that might be a little less snug, I would recommend this REI Junction cage or one of the Planet Bike cages.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I don't know what exact cage you have, but sometimes the fit can be "eased" with a bit of gentle bending.  Simply tug on the metal cage to stretch it out a little.  Adjust as needed.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes