cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Tire help! Are the tires on the Cannondale Quick 2 wide enough for gravel?

I’m probably going to buy the Cannondale quick 2 for women.... but I’m concerned that the tires are too narrow.   I want a quick bike with no shocks that can do mostly pavement but also some light dirt and gravel.    Will this bike work... can I buy wider tires with it to help... which tires are even compatible?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Kprzygoda Thanks for reaching out!

We touched base with one of our cycling experts, @REI-BryanV, who was also able to hit the sales floor and double check with this bike for the accuracy of the information. Here is the info you're looking for:

• The Cannondale Quick 2 comes with 32mm tires with no tread. If you just changed your tire to a tire with more substantial tread, such as the Vittoria Terreno Dry Tire (700c), that would give you a lot of benefit when riding on gravel or light dirt.
  • 32mm is a solid tire for gravel. World Cup Cyclocross races happen on 32mm tires (this is something I learned today!).
  • If you really wanted a bigger tire you could likely go up to a 35mm on this bike. You're going to want to look for a 700c x 35mm tire. 

Have fun on your new bike! Let us know if you have any other questions. Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes