cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Think the ADV 2.2 works for road, gravel, and single track? Will they be available?

I’ve been shopping around for a well rounded, affordable bike suited for bike packing. I’ve concluded that the 2.2 (or topstone) might serve the purpose for road, gravel, and light single track (open to suggestions). I’m wondering when these bikes may become available for purchase. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

@Justin61884 

You are spot on with the Co-op Cycles ADV 2.2 working well for road, gravel, and light single track! The entire Co-op Cycles ADV line is designed with that kind of use in mind. The Topstone is a similarly designed line of bikes, utilizing the Shimano GRX line of gravel-specific components. In fact, in a serendipitous meeting of bikes-not-exactly-fitting-in-their-surroundings, I was at my local MTB park yesterday on my fat-tire bike and saw someone riding a Cannondale Topstone on the singletrack there. Another, similarly designed bike in that category is the Salsa Cutthroat if you'd like to check that bike out. We'll speak with our buyers to see if we'll be carrying any of those in the future as well. We'll keep you posted on availability when we have more info.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks again, John. Cutthroat is a nice bike, but pushing my budget past it limits!  The topstone 1 is on its way to my local store and I’m pumped to give it a shot. My concern is the 37mm stock tires it rides on and the 40mm max width if I were to replace them. I’ll be riding a lot of Arkansas gravel and single track and hoping those specs will hold up. 

@Justin61884 

We have great news! I looks like we are back in stock in the Co-op Cycles ADV 2.2 bike. Some of the sizes have very limited quantities but I wanted to let you know they're available to purchase now.

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes