cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Suggestions for a rear bike light.

what is a good, reliable, well visible rear bike light that is reasonably priced? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies

@23331658 Thanks for reaching out!

Here are a few suggestions for what you are looking for in a rear bike light:

Personally, I've had great success with bike lights from both of these brands. The second Planet Bike light and the NiteRider have rechargeable batteries while the first takes 2 AA batteries.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks John!

Think I'm going to go with the Superflash 65 R and pickup at the Princeton store. And I have a $20.00 rewards coupon for joining!

John

0 Likes

Hello there,

Research the Superflash65R Tail light

0 Likes

Guess I am late to this question, but this is the greatest rear light I have found.

Lezyne's Zecto Drive Max Rear bicycle light, is bright, good for both daylight and night rides.  It is not over priced, but could be expensive if you leave your bicycle unattended. This light will can be seen, and it has a warning not to look directly into the light... 

Before Covid I looked for lights that had an angle to mount low on seat stays and not blind the rider behind you in a group ride.  Never found any that would tuck neatly against the seat stays, many you could attach to seat stay and adjust the angle of the larger wind disrupting light, but not anything aero.

Have not researched recently as I ride solo currently...

0 Likes