cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Suggestion for a bicycle

I am looking for a bike to use 80% pavement and 20% relatively tame dirt. What bicycle would you suggest? Is an X-small frame appropriate for someone 5'-3" tall?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suggestion for a bicycle

Hi @Christie first off, I'm just going to echo @REI-AlyS and say the CTY sounds like an excellent bike for your intended purpose! 

The handlebar width on the CTY Step through 2.1, xs is 24" (61cm)

Hope that helps and please let us know if you have more questions. 

Jim 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
7 Replies

Suggestion for a bicycle

Hi there @Christie !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  I would recommend that you look at some of the hybrid bike options available online.  Take a look at the CTY series by REI.  This bike comes in a few different models that have different features that may be important to you. 

Most of our unisex bikes start at size S with a beginning range of 5'3".  This bike does also come in a step-thru version which might be appealing.

Another series of bike to look at would be the Cannondale Quicks .

Here is a great article that might also be helpful as you begin making a decision.  Hope this gets you started in the right direction!

Suggestion for a bicycle

What is the handlebar width on CTY 2.1?

0 Likes

Suggestion for a bicycle

Hello @Christie !

We will try to get that exact information for you.  Can you just confirm if you are looking at the CTY Step-Thru in the XS or  this version of the CTY in the S?

0 Likes

Suggestion for a bicycle

@REI-AlyS Step thru

0 Likes

Suggestion for a bicycle

@Christie thanks for verifying the exact model you are interested in!  We are working on getting that answer for you and will update you as soon as possible!

0 Likes

Suggestion for a bicycle

Hi @Christie first off, I'm just going to echo @REI-AlyS and say the CTY sounds like an excellent bike for your intended purpose! 

The handlebar width on the CTY Step through 2.1, xs is 24" (61cm)

Hope that helps and please let us know if you have more questions. 

Jim 

Suggestion for a bicycle

Thank you, Jim. That is exactly the information I was seeking. I also appreciate your opinion about the CTY 2.1 step as an appropriate selection.