cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Seeking advice on a few Bike Accessories (kickstand, bell/horn)

Hi. I have bike item# 121-700-0002. What kickstand works? The kind that attaches with a plate and bolt won't even almost fit. I also need a horn or bell that will fit on the thick handle bar.

Thanks,KathyE

0 Likes
2 Replies

Thanks for the question @KathyE! Most newer bikes are compatible with a Greenfield kickstand, we'll check what specific model is compatible with your bike and reply back soon! With that being said, Greenfield kickstands do require some modification to adjust for the correct size (usually by cutting). Our REI bike shop technicians install them all the time, if you'd like to bring it to your local REI bike shop!

My favorite bike bell is the Portland Design Works King of Ding II Bike Bell
This bell is made of brass which gives it a loud, but pleasant sound. The mount can be adjusted to fit a range of handlebars from 22.2-25.4mm, you should be able to fit the bell closer towards your handlebar grips. Also, REI bike technicians often install bike bells if you wanted to have that installed along with your kickstand!

Thanks for your comment and you'll hear back soon when we determine which kickstand works best for you!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hey @KathyE!,

After closer examination of your bike, the easiest kickstand would be the Portland Design Works Power Stance Kickstand

Unlike most other kickstands, this model does not require any cutting and is easiest to install to the frame. Currently the kickstand is on back order, but will be available within the next 30 days. Thanks again for your question and let us know if we can help with anything else!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes