cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Saddle stuck on Co-op CTY 1.1

I'm trying to change the saddle on my CTY 1.1 but the bolt is totally stuck. Is there anything else I can do to get it loose besides putting WD-40 on it and waiting? I've been spraying it down for two days and I'm getting a little impatient because I really want to ride my bike. I'm considering just getting a new bicycle seat post, but the product page does not list the measurement of it. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

@ellynv 

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue with the saddle on your Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1. Other than what you have tried, there aren't many options for getting that bolt unstuck. It is particularly challenging given it's location under the seat. You may be able to get more leverage with a hex tool like ones in the Pedro's L Hex Wrench Set or the Silca HX-Two Travel KIt, you can see they are a bit longer than a lot of wrenches and that could help. The bike shop in your local REI store has these in their tool kit and should be able to help. 

In terms of the measurement of the seat post, the Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1 has a 35mm seat tube and a 31.6mm seat post.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you @REI-JohnJ ! The information you gave was very useful and I ended up getting a new seatpost. The bike is much more comfortable now!