cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI Co-Op DRT 1.2 Dropper Post & Lever

Hello!

I have a DRT 1.2 bike that I'm looking to add a dropper post to. I think I've selected what I want for the post (PNW Components Ridge 125 Dropper post, 30.9x125mm) but I'm not sure what lever I should get that is compatible with my bike. The PNW levers that are available on REI's website all seem like they are specific to certain types of brake levers. Do you have a recommendation on a lever that is compatible with both my bike and the PNW dropper post I want to get?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies

@lhersh 

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of the dropper post levers we carry will be compatible with your bike. The Co-op Cycles DRT 1.2 uses Tektro Brakes and has shifters on both sides of the handlebars. As such, you'll want to look for a lever like the PNW Components Puget MTB Lever in 2x. While it appears that they are currently sold out of that model, it will give you an idea of what you need to look for. We also highly recommend stopping in your local REI bike shop and speaking with a bike tech, who may have other options for you or know something that might be able to be ordered.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JohnJThank you! This is very helpful in directing my search for compatible components.