cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Presta Non-removable valve core

Hello,

I have been fighting with getting slime into my factory issued bike tube after repairing a puncture. It has a Non-removable valve core, which I've allowed the core to drop inside the tube (secured by a binder clip so I don't lose it in the tube) but slime will only drop down the outside of the valve stem. Sooo two questions, 

1. What am I doing wrong? Lofty, I know...

2. Does item 115119 have a removable valve core?

• Thanks!
0 Likes
4 Replies

Hey @InsideOut 

Thanks for sending us this question. The short answer is that without a removable core, you wont be successful in getting slime in there.

The tube you asked about does not have a removable core, so you will want to go for this tube or this tube. 

Hope this helps get you back out there! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.

Oh, interesting - thanks so much for the links!

0 Likes

What is always did was I just unscrewed the valve, put a Schrader adapter on, then squeezed away. It takes some effort, but it's doable. Good luck 🙂

Thanks! I ordered a set to give that a shot (and some removable core presta tubes to spare myself the headache in the future)!