cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for a front shock for a Co-op Cycles ADV 4.2.

F86AF44A-A7BF-43B6-9598-F970ADFF33F9.jpeg

Hey guys I love my 4.2. Just finished the GAP&C&O trails last week. Today I’m bouncing around the awesome mtn bike trails in central Fla. Alafia and Balm-Boyette. The 4.2 is the most comfortable bike I’ve ever had. I’m thinking my body would appreciate a front shock. I am 56 and still love riding.

Any way to know what shock I can put on the front? I know I’ll have to re-think the front rack.

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Procraft 

Thanks for reaching out!

What a cool adventure you're having with your bike! We've forwarded your message on to some of our bike technicians. Hopefully they'll be able to get back to you soon with some options and insight for you.

Thanks in advance for your patience as we track down some info for you!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Procraft 

Hi there!

So excited to hear about your travels! Unfortunately the Co-op Cycles ADV 4.2 was not designed around having a suspension fork, in particular the geometry is not suspension actuated. Moving to a suspension fork would also limit your carrying abilities up front. However, that does not mean it’s totally ruled out! The best way to move forward would be to bring your bike into any one of our stores and talk with the wonderful mechanics to see what options exist for you to make a more comfortable ride.

Thanks!
At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes