cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for a bike for daughter (Bay Area)

Hi there!

I am looking for a bike for my 10 years-old daughter (although she is pretty tall for her age: 5ft 2inch, 157cm). It should be in a reasonable price, as it does not have to be absolute top-of-class bike but rather something mid-range. Is there anything you can offer me, either new bike or an used one?

BTW: I am Fremont-based so ideally looking for something to buy near here...

Thank you for your help! Best wishes

Rafal

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Rafal Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, we have very limited stock of bikes right now due to unprecedented demand. While our teams are working hard to secure any available inventory they can, we do not expect to be back in stock in bikes until the end of the year at the earliest. We're really sorry for this shortage.

That being said, you could check out the Co-op Cycles DRT 1.0, which is an XXS mountain bike designed to bridge the gap between a kid's bike and an adult mountain bike. That bike is designed to fit someone from 4'9" - 5'0", so your daughter may already have outgrown it. In terms of what inventory you local Fremont store has (including any used bikes) you will have to give them a call to see what might be available. When you do, ask if they have an XS size frames, as that will be the size that best fits your daughter based on her height.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes