cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Looking for a bike for a heavy rider

I'm about 330 lbs/150kg and 6'3"/193cm tall.  Can you recommended some Mountain bikes for guy like me.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Trnko thanks for reaching out for advice on this topic! A while back, we had a few other similar posts that may have a few helpful tidbits - 400lb capacity bike and Looking for a Cannondale bike for a heavy rider - and we'll tag @REI-JohnJ who posted the original responses on both of those threads for an updated response here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Trnko 

Nice to meet you!

Hopefully you found some good info in those posts that @REI-JenK linked. I recently added a Co-op Cycles DRT 4.1 Fat-Tire bike to my quiver, but I still also ride the DRT 2.1 as often as I can. All of the Co-op Cycles DRT Mountain bikes have a listed weight limit of 300lbs.  I'm 6' and right about your weight and haven't had any issues with the bikes I ride. If you're planning on riding rugged trails or drops, I would recommend thinking about upgrading your wheels to something a bit stronger with more spokes. 

Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions, hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes