cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Let's see your best bikes (any brand) with your best bike stories!

Recently, I was thinking about how many great bikes I’ve had over the years. I thought I’d share a few, along with my best memory that goes with them. Anyone else have a favorite bike, past or current? Let's see your best bikes (any brand) with your best bike stories!

Novara Squadra: 2008 I believe? I raced this bike 3 seasons, crashed it, and it kept going. I remember it was one of the first road bikes to feature a “little known company” in road cycling called SRAM. It came stock with a full rival groupset and was our first carbon frame.

REI-JimL_0-1588987314687.jpeg

Novara Randonee: 2013. I rode this bike down the coast with my future wife. So comfortable, stable, and just let me focus on taking in the beautiful scenery. Also, we learned the hard way that riding down the California coast isn’t just as easy as taking highway 1 south… lots of adventure.

REI-JimL_1-1588987314703.jpeg

Co-Op Cycles DRT 2.1: 2017. This was my first bike with 27.5 plus tires, and a return to a hardtail bike. I was dubious at first. After one ride I felt like a little kid again; I was having so much fun on this bike. My full suspension was sold within the month and it’s currently my only mountain bike. While the tires looked massive at first, I now see bikes with 2.4" tires and think they look way too skinny!

REI-JimL_2-1588987314732.jpeg

Alright, let’s see some bikes!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
1 Reply

@REI-JimL Great post!

This is my first fatbike, 'Frank The Tank' (Frank is short for Francine, so we're clear here), and she has been so much fun to ride and explore Alaska with! I also have a DRT 2.1 and between the 5" tires on Frank and the 3" on the DRT 2.1 everything else seems super skinny!

FrankRegalAF.jpg

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.