Highlighted

If I order a bike, what will I need to assemble it?

I’m thinking of buying a Canondale CX2. What will I need to do to assemble it? Will this need special tools and how difficult to calibrate?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted

@shmadoff Thanks for reaching out!

Great bike choice! Please take a look at this thread which will speak to your question about what is needed to assemble your bike. Additionally, we have updated our FAQs to answer some bike shipment questions: 

Despite our store closures, we recognize that you may need a little help putting a new bike together or fixing an existing bike that needs a little work. Please email us at cyclinghelp@rei.com to connect with a certified bike tech for technical help; within 24 hours, they will connect with you via email or phone. A few important details about this email address: (1) at this time, we are not able to set up appointments or schedule any in-person assistance; (2) to ensure our technicians are able to answer all of the technical questions our customers have, please ask all of your general bike and accessory questions here in the community!

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

You didn't answer his question.  What tools will he need and are there special tools he will need?  He needs to know and I need to know because I ordered a bike too.  Serves me right for procrastinating but are there special tools? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @DMVPT!

Bikes that are shipped to customers have been completely assembled and then typically the handlebars, pedals and front wheel are removed for shipping purposes.  As a result, only a little assembly is needed on your part.  

Included with the bike is a re-assembly guide and a bike multi-tool to help you re-assemble your bike.  Depending on the bike you purchase, some other tools may be required such as a screwdriver, or an open-end wrench.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes